Rails Limited in partnership with Dapol and the National Railway Museum announced at this weekends London Festival of Railway Modelling that they will produce the LBSC Terrier and all its subsequent variants in OO Gauge.
- A1X No. 32655 in BR lined black with early crest
- A1 No. 82 Boxhill in LBSC Stroudley improved engine green.
- A1 Bodiam in KESR Blue
- A1X No. 751 in SECR lined green
- A1X No. 2644 in Southern post 1931 lines Olive Green
- A1X No. 32661 in BR lined black with late crest
The tooling will allow eventually for most variations of the A1, A1X and IOW variants of the locomotive to be produced, including two cab/bunker types, two smokebox/boilers. Wooden and metal brake rigging where appropriate.
- Diecast chassis and running plate
- Detailed plastic moulded body
- Many separately fitted parts
- Diecast wheels with sprung centre driving wheels to give compensation providing all wheel electrical pick up and better traction
- DCC and sound Ready with easy access through a removable body which exposes a NEXT-18 socket
- DCC and DCC Sound Fitted variants using Dapol’s own sound recording of 32678 on the Kent and East Sussex Railway
- Powerful 5 pole skew wound motor
- Factory sound fitted locomotives will feature RealDrive braking control
Pricing has been announced as being £110.00 each (DCC Ready), DCC Fitted Versions £140 / DCC Sound Versions £239 with pre ordering being recommended and secured with a £30 deposit.
These models will superceed the now much long in the tooth and slightly hybrid Dapol / Hornby Model. Full details can be found on the Rails website here