The annual Wishlist Poll is back for 2018 following a break in 2017 and has started today. The purpose of The Poll is to provide an easy way for modellers and collectors to tell the major manufacturers and commissioners of ready-to-run railway models what they would like to see made from new tooling (excluding models announced, tooled or made since 2000). It should be noted that the poll is only being tun for 00 gauge models this year.
There are plenty of Southern Railway / Southern Region related items to vote for, hint hint. A lot has happened since the 2016 poll results were published. The breakdown of items announced so far including those SR related, and sometimes even delivered by now, is as below:
- 10 From the Top 50 (inc. the Lord Nelson, Terrier, P Class & Maunsell RF)
- 17 From the High Polling segment (inc. 10¼” vent Bulleid coaches)
- 9 From the Middle Polling segment (inc. the E1, Class 410/412 & 15” vent Bulleid coaches)
- 3 From the Low Polling segment (nothing SR)
There are 20 categories covering steam locos of the Big Four and BR; Diesel & Electric Locomotives; DMUs; EMUs; Coaches; Non-passenger-carrying Coaching Stock; Freight Stock; General Service Stock; Standard Gauge Industrial Locomotives; and finally London Underground.
So what’s new or different for SR modellers in 2018? You will find all your usual favourite / possibly wanted locos still listed; such the U, Z, Bulleid Leader etc., but the following are included within the poll for the first time this year:
- LBSCR Marsh J1 & J2 Class 4-6-2T
- LSWR Adams A12 ‘Jubilee’ 0-4-2
- LSWR Drummond K10 4-4-0
- LSWR Drummond L11 4-4-0
- LSWR Drummond T14 ‘Paddlebox’ 4-6-0
- Shunters 15201-15203 (SR1-SR3)
The poll has ‘split’ the previously combined SECR D & E classes thus:
- 4-4-0 SECR D (31057-31750 with gaps)
- 4-4-0 SECR E (31036-31587 with gaps)
The following are new in the EMU category:
- 5 BEL Southern Railway Brighton Belle (c.1957-c.1964)
- Class 700/707/717
The following are new in the SR Coaches category:
- LBSCR 4-wheel Stock
- LBSCR Elliptical (‘Balloon’) Stock
- SECR/SR – Pull & Push No.660
Last year Bachmann announced its Bulleid range, but this has left the following gaps, which are now listed individually:
- (SR) Bulleid 10¼in Vent Corridor Brake Composite ‘Loose’ (Diag.2406 BCK of 1948)
- (SR) Bulleid 15in Vent Corridor First (Diag.2552 of 1949)
- (SR) Bulleid 15in Vent Open Third (Diag.2017 of 1950)
The following are new in the Non-passenger-carrying Coaching Stock category (NPCCS):
- LBSCR Horse Box
- LSWR Horse Box
- SECR Passenger Luggage Van (PLV/PMV)
In General Railway Service, you will find listed new:
- LSWR Drummond’s ‘Bug’ 4-2-4T
- Southern Railway Inspection Saloon DS291
And finally, within London Underground (inc IoW stock) category, you will find:
- Underground 1940 Waterloo & City Stock (later Class 487) (inc Match Trucks for transport to BR Works)
The poll will be running from today, 15th October, until the 3rd November. Full details can be found here on RMweb.
Lets hope that by voting Southern we can continue the great expansion in Southern related models being produced in the future!
4 thoughts on “The wishlist poll is back for 2018 and opens today, vote now, vote Southern…”
Reblogged this on sed30's Blog.
Souther votes made!