Dapol have released an update on the development of their all new ex LSWR/SR/BR M7 0-4-4T along with images of their latest Engineering Prototype.
The models being produced are all short frame versions with sandboxes incorporated into the front splashers. They will feature a highly detailed body with many separately added parts die cast chassis, a 3 pole can motor and all wheel pick up.
Dapol however have advised that “no DCC decoder will supplied in this model”, as they say “the space has been used to add more weight to the model and provide improved, balance, traction and running properties”, by this I assume that no DCC socket will be present either, which I am sure will be seen as a negative factor by many.
Initially eight versions will be released as part of the first production run as follows:
- 2S-016-005 M7 0-4-4 Southern Lined Green 37 (I assume Olive Green)
- 2S-016-006 M7 0-4-4 SWR Lined Green 245 (sic, I assume LSWR)
- 2S-016-007 M7 0-4-4 Southern Black 246
- 2S-016-008 M7 0-4-4 British Railways Lined Malachite 30038
- 2S-016-009 M7 0-4-4 British Railways Lined Black 30248
- 2S-016-010 M7 0-4-4 BR Early emblem Lined Black 30673
- 2S-016-011 M7 0-4-4 BR Late Crest Lined Black 30245
- 2S-016-012 M7 0-4-4 LSWR Lined Green 35
Further details including a video of the running Engineering Prototype can be found on the Dapol website here.