Greenwood & Pring have announced the development of a new 0 Gauge premium finescale carriage programme based on Southern Railway’s Bulleid coaches. These carriages will be manufactured in brass in Korea to a high specification with both skirted and non-skirted coach types. All metal construction Bulleid three coach sets no: 770-793 comprise the non-skirted version and the Bournemouth six coach sets no: 290-300 are the skirted type.
The models will be meticulously researched using original drawings, image material and examples of preserved and modified stock. They will hand-made from brass with fine scale soldered construction ensuring superb body detail.
Other features include:
- Interior LED carriage lighting
- Finished in long-lasting and robust oven baked satin paint
- Coach nameboards commemorating famous expresses
- Ball bearing mounted axel boxes for free running bogies
- Solid stainless steel disc wheels with back-to-back set at 29mm
- Conversion pack for standard/coarse scale Hi Rail wheels set at 27.5mm
- Three coupling types: Standard Kadee style couplings. Conversion packs for screw link drop or alternative buckeye couplings (a standard on Bulleid coaches) are available. Note the screw link drop coupling is suitable to align with ACE style drop link couplings
- Removeable carriage body so the interior can be accessed for the fitting of figures.
Bulleid three coach sets no: 770-793
Bulleid sets no: 770-793 providing accommodation for 24 first-class and 120 third-class passengers were built between December 1946 and November 1947. The three coach set options available will be:
- Sets no: 771, no: 774, no: 775, no: 777, no: 782, no: 787 and no: 789
- Two livery styles in Southern Railway malachite green and British Railways Southern Region green.
Bournemouth six coach sets no: 290-300
Phase One comprising coached types BSK-CK-BSK with Phase Two being the coach types RFO-RT-TO to make up the following livery / Set combinations:
- SR malachite with green ends; Set 300,
- BR Malachite Green black ends Sets; 290, 292, 295 and 296
- BR Blood and Custard Sets: 291, 293, 294, 298 and 299
- BR(s) Green Sets: 291, 293, 294, 297, 298 and 299
Should there be sufficient customer interest set no: 299 may be produced in British Railways experimental livery – old style LNWR plum and off-white (plum and spilt milk).
A third phase may also be offered as a total of 22 open second saloons were transferred to BR Eastern and Scottish Regions in the 1960s for loose working and repainted in BR lined maroon livery. This release will comprise open second saloons only making them highly attractive for O Gauge modellers with East Coast and Scottish interests.
Prices are £625 per carriage or £600 each if ordered as a set.
More details on the Greenwood & Pring website here…