Dapol have today announced, or in reality re-announced, details of new tooling Maunsell High Window coaches in N gauge. This is an expansion of the previously released low window versions. They will initially be produced in SR lined olive green and further liveries will be phased in to expand the range.
Three new tooled models cover a six compartment Brake Third (BTK), a Corridor Third (TK), a Corridor Composite (CK) and a Corridor First (FK).
The proposed releases, all SR Lined Olive Green are as follows:
- 2P-014-001 Four Coach Set 193 comprising of BTKs nos. 3735 [sic should be 3758] / 3739 and CKs nos. 5640 and 5641 – £124.95
- 2P-014-002 Six Coach Set 456 comprising of BTKs nos. 4083 / 4084, CK no. 5172, FKs nos. 7398 / 7399 and TK no. 837 – £186.95
- 2P-014-003 Corridor Brake Third No. 3730 [sic not a Brake Third as their number range started 3732] – £31.95 ea
- 2P-014-004 Corridor Composite No. 5635 – £31.95 ea
- 2P-014-005 Corridor First No. 7228 – £31.95 ea
- 2P-014-006 Corridor Third – £31.95 ea
The images shown are the initial Engineering Prototypes and for illustration only, Dapol advise that they have already received livery samples and amendments returned to the factory (I hope the BTK number 3735 above is a typo as it should be number 3738, and also the proposed number of the loose BTK 3730 is not a BTK ) with production started and delivery expected by quarter 4 this year.